Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We've finally got most of the collection moved into my office, so I have easy access to Fr. Ong's papers again. We put up a couple of ranges of shelves to hold the boxes. There's still some room, but I know it's not going to last long. As I start going through these boxes a second time, I'm going to be adding a lot of folders as we want to have 20-25 items, which means at least half the current folders will need to be divided up. Many, many folders are thicker than a ream of paper (some are two or three reams in width), so that's going to be a lot of extra folders, which means the length of the collection is going to grow (one way to measure a collection is by shelf length -- the amount of shelf space it takes up). The books, however, have been moved to a vault in the library, which is a pain, but I will be able to have access to them.

In the index card and ephemeria file are all of Fr. Ong's homily and sermon cards. From earlier quick glances, I thought that's what they were, but I can say so for sure now. A number of people have asked if we had any of his homilies, and I can now answer yes.

I also came across his ordination and First Solemn Mass cards.

Archives | Walter Ong | Walter J Ong | Walter J Ong Archives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home