Friday, September 23, 2005

9/26 Update: Talking with my boss today, I learned that Jack Foley had sent us this material back in August 2003. At that time my boss knew they'd be hiring someone to process the collection, so he put it aside and forgotten to pass it on when I was started the job almost a year later. When I posted this last week, I saw the August 28 date on the accompanying letter and didn't pay attention to the year. The show was broadcast on March 10, 2004 and is available as both streaming audio or .mp3 download.

I learned today that Jack Foley will have a radio show tribute to Fr. Ong broadcast on November 5 at 3:30-4:00 p.m. PST on the Berkeley, CA station KPFA-FM as part of his weekly "Cover to Cover with Jack Foley" show. It may be broadcast via streaming audio at that time, and after the show it should be archived at http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?show=106.

Foley also recently published an article on Fr. Ong, "Walter J. Ong, S.J. (1912-2003): In Memoriam" in the online magazine Alsop Review.

Cross-posted to Notes from the Walter J. Ong Archive.

| |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home