Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Of late, I've been reworking through old stuff, meaning that I'm making a second pass through Fr. Ong's papers to divide the collection up into its permanent folders (we want, roughly, no more than 25 items per folder -- right now, some folders have well over 100 items) and to begin the process of describing the collection, which, for the most part, is done at the folder level. I'm sure I'll come across new gems as I do this, but I've already found much of the cool stuff. I haven't mentioned many items, so I'll try to remember to do so as I'm making this second pass.

With the start of the new academic year this past week, I have a new intern assistant, this time from the English rather than the History department. We're still trying to figure out how best to have her work without the work being too boring. While someone has to replace all the rustable staples with stainless steel ones, I don't want that to make sure there's interesting work to do when such activities start driving her mad.

I also learned today that the Ong exhibit, put together for the conference in April, is to remain up through mid-October after the annual Manuscripta conference. Most exhibits are up for three months, so this is a long run.

Archives | Walter Ong | Walter J Ong | Walter J Ong Archives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home